The roofs of other sections of the temple like the Dhwajastambha , the Garbagriha and the Pillar of lights are covered in copper plates. After offering prayers to the deity, the ball is taken to the football field and the game is commenced. The daily poojas include the morning pooja, which is conducted at 8. Annual festivals are held in the temple with much fanfare. Kings from the Alupa dynasty, which ruled the region around AD to AD were particularly noted to have contributed to the development of the temple and to have encouraged the worship of Shri Rajarajeshwari in the region. An image of the deity, 5 to 6 feet in height, with red rubies for eyes were present on the highest of the platforms. The football, which is a leather ball, is made by a cobbler family in Mijar.
|License:||For Personal Use Only|
|iPhone 5, 5S resolutions||640×1136|
|iPhone 6, 6S resolutions||750×1334|
|iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus resolutions||1080×1920|
|Android Mobiles HD resolutions||360×640, 540×960, 720×1280|
|Android Mobiles Full HD resolutions||1080×1920|
|Mobiles HD resolutions||480×800, 768×1280|
|Mobiles QHD, iPhone X resolutions||1440×2560|
|HD resolutions||1280×720, 1366×768, 1600×900, 1920×1080, 2560×1440, Original|
This page was last edited on 7 Aprilat From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Polali Chendu festival is an important festive event where football is played to represent the fight of good over evil. The place where the temple was located was known as Pural in ancient times. In several ancient epigraphs rajarajesheari records, the main deity of the temple was referred to as Porala Devi.
The festival lasts for one month.
Sri Raja Rajeshwari – Wikipedia
The roofs of other sections of the temple like the Dhwajastambhathe Garbagriha and the Pillar of lights are covered in copper rajarajexhwari. The king is reported to have carved the clay idol of Shri Rajarajeshwari himself and offered penance to the deity in return rajarajeswari his kingdom. Annual festivals are held in the temple with much fanfare.
After offering prayers to the deity, the ball is taken to the football field and the game is commenced. Polali Rajarajeshwari Temple during festival.
Polali Rajarajeshwari Temple – Wikipedia
An annual festival is celebrated at the temple during the month of March. The region surrounding the temple were ruled by many dynasties including Kadamba, Chalukya, Alupa, Rashtrakoota, Hoisala, Vijayanagara, Ikkeri, Mysore etc.
In later years, Queen Chennammaji of Keladi is reported to have visited the temple and gifted the temple with a grand chariot. Hindu temples in Dakshina Kannada district. The temple portrays Hindu architecture with roofs adorned with wooden carvings of gods and copper plates.
The Polali Chendu festival, also known as the football festival, is a widely popular football game which is conducted for a period of five days during the annual temple festival, seven days before avabritha. An image of the deity, 5 to 6 feet in height, with red rubies for eyes were present on the highest of the platforms.
Polali Rajarajeshwari Temple
The Head Priest of the temple is madhava bhat. On the 4th day of the festival, the idol is placed rajarajeshwqri Simhasana Kattea platform approximately metres from the temple and a special pooja is performed.
The objective of the game is to get the ball to the opposition’s side. The clay idol of the main deity in the temple is historically believed to be up to years old.
In other projects Wikimedia Commons.
Most of these dynasties spent a lot of resources on this temple and donated agricultural lands for the benefit rajarajesywari the temple. On the evening of the first day of the family, the cobbler family place the ball and a palm leaf umbrella on the gopuram of the temple. Records written by Abdul Razzak in suggest that the temple was initially built from molten brass.
The daily poojas include the morning pooja, which is conducted at 8. The game historically represents the fight of good over evil and the car festival at the end of the games are said to represent the victory of rajaeajeshwari good over the evil. The temple has been referred to in many ancient inscriptions, including the Markandeya PuranaAshoka inscriptions and travel rajarajesywari of ancient travellers. The temple was constructed in the 8th century AD by King Suratha and rajarajeehwari been developed by many dynasties which ruled over the region.
The Chendu festival is followed by the annual festival in March, which lasts for a month and is attended by people from all over the world.
The king, having lost most of his kingdom in a war and being betrayed by his own ministers, is raarajeshwari to have taken refuge under a sage named Sumedha in forests located around what is the location of the temple now. The remaining inscriptions, which are available today were obtained in kariyangala village, Ammunje and in the temple itself and is now under custody of the Karnataka Government.